ISA & Collective Investment Re -Registration
Equity ISA’s (also known as Stocks and shares ISA's) and Collective Investments have over the last decade proved to be a popular way for savers to invest. Isa advice has proven to be a valuable benefit to investors.
ISA’s allow investment in a tax efficient manner, whilst Collective Investments such as (unit trusts or OEIC’s) can be used as part of an overall financial planning strategy. If you own one or more ISA funds or Collective Investments with different fund managers then you should consider re-registration of the investments onto a wrap platform.
What is a Wrap Platform?
A wrap platform allows investors to access a wide range of different types of investments in one place. Wraps benefit the investor by offering the ability to.
- Hold unit trusts, OEIC’s exchange traded funds, Equities and cash all in one place.
- Easily buy and sell investments at low cost
- Simplify the administration of their investments
- Offer a 24 hour online valuation service
How can I benefit from Re-registration of my ISA?
Re-registration of your ISA investments allows you to change the administration of your ISA accounts or collective investments to the wrap provider. Usually there is no charge for re-registering and your investments are held in exactly the same funds. It is worth noting that your investments are never out of the market during the re-registration process. The advantages to re-registration are:
- You can bring all your Isa’s together under one product , hence reducing the amount of statements and administration.
- We can give you online access to your investments via our secure website.
- We can provide a complete investment report on all your investments .
- If we recommend switching any investment funds you can choose from over 1700 funds from 40 fund management groups.
- You can take a regular income from your ISA investments and benefit from the fact that income from an ISA is free of income tax and does not have to be declared on your tax return.
We can help you to Re-register your investments.
To re-register your ISA or collective investments you need to complete a couple of short forms. The forms are sent to the Wrap Provider, who in turn contacts the fund managers, and they will then arrange the transfer of your accounts to the new Wrap Provider.
For more ISA advice and how we can help you, please contact us.